Re: initdb and fsync

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: initdb and fsync
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2012-06-18 at 18:05 +0200, Andres Freund wrote:
> Quick review:
> - defaulting to initdb -N in the regression suite is not a good imo, because
> that way the buildfarm won't catch problems in that area...

I removed the -N as you suggest. How much does performance matter on the
buildfarm?

> - could the copydir.c and initdb.c versions of walkdir/sync_fname et al be
> unified?

There's a lot of backend-specific code in the copydir versions, like
using ereport() and CHECK_FOR_INTERRUPTS(). I gave a brief attempt at
unifying them before, and concluded that it wouldn't add to the
readability, so I just commented where they came from.

If you feel there will be a maintainability problem, I can give it
another shot.

> - I personally would find it way nicer to put USE_PRE_SYNC into pre_sync_fname
> instead of cluttering the main function with it

Done.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Вложения