Starting a cluster as a service

От Léa Massiot
Тема Starting a cluster as a service
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello and thank you for reading my post.

My problem is that I do not manage to start a PostgreSQL cluster as a
Windows service.
The OS is WinXP.

- I've created a PostgreSQL cluster "a_pgcluster" with the associated port
5433.
- Running "cmd.exe" under Windows as "a_user", I can start and stop it
manually in command line using the following commands:

- The cluster data directory is "a_pgcluster". Its (filesystem) owner is
"a_user" with this user having "full control" on it.

- Now, I would like it to be run automatically at machine startup as a
service.
- So I registered the cluster using the following command:

- When I go to "Control Panel" -> Administrative Tools" -> "Services" and
try to start the service, I get the following message:

- I also tried the following commands in command-line:

Can you help me try to figure out what's wrong?
Best regards.
--
OS: WinXP Pro SP3
DBMS: PostgreSQL v.9.1