Re: Is there a way to ask PostgreSQL for the name of the computer it's running on?

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Is there a way to ask PostgreSQL for the name of the computer it's running on?
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2012-06-14 at 04:33 +0000, Rob Richardson wrote:
> My customer has 3 computers.  The PostgreSQL service could be running on either of two of them.  There is currently
noway in our system to determine which one it is running on.  The third computer sometimes needs to know which of the
othertwo computers is active.  It would be enough to know which computer is running the PostgreSQL service.  Is the
nameof the server available in a PostgreSQL database, so that it could be retrieved using a query?

You can have its IP address, but not its name, unless you write a C or
PL/perlU function.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

Сообщение: parsing SQLERRM ?
От: Hellmuth Vargas
Сообщение: Re: Is there a way to ask PostgreSQL for the name of the computer it's running on?