Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Ability to listen on two unix sockets
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2012-06-11 at 18:45 -0500, Michael Nolan wrote:
> What about entries in pg_hba.conf? Will they need to be able to specify
> both the directory and the port number?

I think the philosophy behind pg_hba.conf is that you distinguish client
*systems*.  So one client might be Kerberos-capable, or one client might
be Windows and use SSPI.  For that, it doesn't matter which of multiple
ports or local sockets it uses.  So I don't think there are any changes
needed in this area.