Re: PL/pgSQL 2

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL 2
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Álvaro Hernández Tortosa <aht@nosys.es> writes:
>      What I can add is that, if Postgres is to devote resources to a new
> language, I would plan it with a broader scope. What would attract most
> users? Would it bring non postgres users to Postgres? What could be one
> of the killer features of any next version? My trivial answer to most of
> these questions is: PL/SQL.

By that I suppose you mean "I wish it would act just like Oracle".
The problem with such a wish is that a lot of the incompatibilities
with Oracle are functions of the core SQL engine, not of the PL.
plpgsql already is about as close to PL/SQL as it's possible to get
without changing core Postgres behavior --- or at least, that was
the original design desire, and I don't think that it's failed in
any large degree.