Re: reporting reason for certain locks

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: reporting reason for certain locks
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On the other hand, pg_locks is already rather unwieldy to use.  We
> already have a self-join that tells us the details of what's locking
> processes: you need to join pg_locks like this:
> and throw in a bunch of left joins to see the details of database,
> relation, etc.

Sure.  I'm just suggesting one more left join to see if there's a tuple
lock.

> This works fine for all kinds of locks except xid and
> vxid ones.  I don't think it's fair to users to expect that they need to
> deal with that mess *plus* the details of tuple locks.

Well, what was in the back of my mind was that we should create a join
of this sort as a stock system view, which would certainly improve
usability across the board.  Getting to consensus on exactly what the
view should contain might be hard though.