Re: Bug #3924: Create Database with another encoding as the encoding from postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Bug #3924: Create Database with another encoding as the encoding from postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Joe <dev@freedomcircle.net> writes:
> Going back to my options, are you saying that if I re-initdb the 8.3
> cluster to UTF8, restore the LATIN1 db as UTF8, and then do "set
> client_encoding = LATIN1" in the application code, then everything will
> work fine, even if the machine locale remains en_US.iso88591?

No, you'd have to set the database's locale to en_US.utf8 to do that.

Plan B would be to set the database locale to C, which is
encoding-agnostic and hence allows different databases to have different
encodings.  Do you actually need en_US sort order?