Re: db alias

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: db alias
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2012-06-05 at 18:59 +0000, Gauthier, Dave wrote:
> Hi:  I think I know the answer to this, but the desire/need is great enough to get confirmation here.
>
> Is there a way to alias a db name for purposes of redirecting connections?   For example, you have 2 DBs, DBX and
DBY.The users always connect to a DB alias called "USEDB".   USEDB points to DBX today, changed to point to DBY
tomorrow,transparent to the users.

PostgreSQL doesn't give you that, but pgBouncer may be the tool you're
looking for.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: "Gauthier, Dave"
Сообщение: db alias
От: Aleksander Rozman
Сообщение: problem after upgrade db missing