Re: hot standby PSQL 9.1 Windows 2008 Servers

От chinnaobi
Тема Re: hot standby PSQL 9.1 Windows 2008 Servers
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Kevin,

Thank you for your reply. Yeah I am writing an application using powershell,
it's true it is not trivial and especially a guy like me who has no idea on
database.

You raised all the cases which I am muddling with, But currently I am
testing this setup:

Always standby server is configured from base backup and restore from
storage server then start streaming replication(asynchronous). Base backups
are taken frequently.

I am sure there is some data loss during switching. Still researching how to
do it clean. suggest me if you have any good papers on this ..

Reddy.