Re: pg_upgrade libraries check

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pg_upgrade libraries check
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 2012-05-28 at 16:06 -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Sun, May 27, 2012 at 11:31 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > I don't recall exactly what problems drove us to make pg_upgrade do
> > what it does with extensions, but we need a different fix for them.
>
> Well, you need pg_upgrade to preserve the OIDs of objects that are
> part of extensions just as you do for any other objects.

Also, I think it needs to force the extension version to match the old
cluster. Otherwise, we could be dealing with on-disk format changes, or
other complexities.

It doesn't sound difficult, but I thought I'd bring it up.

Regards,Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Performance patch for Win32
Сообщение: Re: Performance patch for Win32