Re: java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedures and overloaded functions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedures and overloaded functions
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Thor Michael =?ISO-8859-1?Q?St=F8re?= <thormichael@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 22:24 -0500, Kris Jurka wrote:
>> Hmm, the JDBC4 spec has added an additional column to the getProcedures
>> return value called SPECIFIC_NAME which might be for differentiating
>> between overloaded functions.

> Right, it says it should "uniquely" identify the function within the
> schema, which as far as I can tell means that for overloaded functions
> it would have to list up the input argument types. (Or at least the
> other only unique way to identify a function I can think of is the OID,
> which I can't believe one would want there.)

I'll bet a nickel that the expectation is for this to be pulled from
information_schema.routines.specific_name, which is defined thusly in
Postgres:

    CAST(p.proname || '_' || CAST(p.oid AS text) AS sql_identifier)
    ... FROM pg_proc p

As best I can tell from the SQL spec, the <specific name> of a function
is implementation-dependent, so this is a compliant way of doing it.

Сообщение: Re: java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedures and overloaded functions
Сообщение: Re: java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.getProcedures and overloaded functions