Re: Extreme PostgreSQL?

От Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Тема Re: Extreme PostgreSQL?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2012-05-23 at 14:37 -0700, Lists wrote:
> I'm wondering if there are particular performance bottlenecks we
> should be aware of as  we scale the hardware up? Does
> PG handle 64 GB of RAM well? 128 GB? 16 cores? 48 cores? SAS/SATA III
> with SSDs? (etc.)

These are not "extreme" for PostgreSQL. PostgreSQL 9.2 will be able to
scale up to 64 cores. I know a 9.1 installation that runs on a 48-core
machine. It also depends on the application behavior, though.

More RAM is nice, and if you can fit your data to the RAM, you will feel
more comfortable.

For details about SSD, please look at pgsql-performance archives. You
will see lots of posts there (or just search for posts from Greg Smith,
it will be a shortcut to the solution)

Regards,

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ