Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Ensure age() returns a stable value rather than the latest value

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Ensure age() returns a stable value rather than the latest value
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
On mån, 2012-05-14 at 15:11 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Hm.  Interesting argument, but why exactly would you expect that age()
> would work differently from, say, wall clock time?  And how likely is
> it that a database that requires monitoring is going to have exactly
> zero transactions over a significant length of time?

Yes, it will be a marginal case in practice, but it's something that a
curious DBA might wonder about.  But I think your example how age()
behaves relative to an INSERT statement is more important.

> (In any case, my primary beef at the moment is not with whether it's a
> good idea to change age()'s behavior going forward, but rather with
> having back-patched such a change.)

Certainly we should leave it alone there.

Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete
Сообщение: Re: Draft release notes complete