Re: Determining current database programmatically

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Determining current database programmatically
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Fran Fabrizio <ffabrizio@mmrd.com> writes:
> I am writing a stored procedure that should ideally alter its behavior
> depending on the database that it is in. (If it's being used in the test
> database it should do one thing, and in production it should do another
> - it uses pgMail to send email alerts and I don't want to be sending
> the support folks emails from my own testing).  I want to keep the
> procedure generic, so is there a way to figure out the name of the
> current database programmatically?

I don't think there is anything available at the SQL or plpgsql level
that tells that.  While it wouldn't be hard to add, ISTM that wiring a
dependency on database name into your procedures is going to be a
mistake in the long run.  Why don't you set up a "configuration" table
in each database that tells the procedure what to do?