connect local pgAdmin III to remote postgres server

От gdhia
Тема connect local pgAdmin III to remote postgres server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi all,

I have a Debian server on which is installed Postgresql, with a database.

I have installed pgAdmin III on my computer (Win 7) and I try to communicate
with postgres on my server to display it.

on my server, using this code tells me the DB installed:

postgres=# select datname from pg_database;
  datname
-----------
 template1
 template0
 postgres
(3 rows)

I checked on my server that posgres is listening on port 5432:
tcp        0      0 127.0.0.1:5432          0.0.0.0:*               LISTEN
4998/postgres

the firewall do not block his incoming connections:
ACCEPT     tcp  --  anywhere             anywhere            tcp
dpt:postgresql

the service is running:
8.3     main      5432 online postgres /var/lib/postgresql/8.3/main
/var/log/postgresql/postgresql-8.3-main.log

postgresql.conf has the changed value:
#listen_addresses = '*'

and despite all this, pgAdmin III gives me:
could not connect to server: Connection refused (0x0000274D/10061) Is the
server running on host "xx.xx.xx.xx" and accepting TCP/IP connections on
port 5432?

Could anyone help me connect the postgresql server installed on my Debian
server via pgAdmin III installed on my pc?

Thanks in advance