Re: remove dead ports?

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: remove dead ports?
Дата
Re: remove dead ports?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: remove dead ports?  (Peter Geoghegan <peter@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On fre, 2012-05-04 at 18:25 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> What's the grounds for asserting they were known not to work?  Not
> actual testing, I assume.

There were either essential pieces missing (e.g., no shared library
support, or no Makefile.port), or we had received reports in the past
the platform doesn't work and won't be fixed anymore by the original
supporter.

> Furthermore, I would want to insist that a complainer provide a
> buildfarm member as the price of us continuing to support an old
> uncommon platform.  Otherwise the apparent support is hollow.  The BSDI
> port was viable for us to support as long as Bruce was using it daily,
> but with that gone, we need somebody else to be testing it.

Based on these emerging criteria, should we also remove the other
platforms on my original "marginal" list?

irix
osf
sco

irix and osf support was already dropped in Python 3.0, so probably
their time is up.