Re: 1.15 : wxw 2.9.3 : Graphical SQL builder allows dup tables

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: 1.15 : wxw 2.9.3 : Graphical SQL builder allows dup tables
Список pgadmin-support
On Fri, 2012-05-04 at 06:43 -0400, Colin Beckingham wrote:
> This is not exactly a bug, just a suggestion for improvement for usability.
>
> When using the graphical query builder it is possible to add more than
> one copy of the same table by dragging from the table inventory to the
> design window. This is quite valid, sometimes you need that facility.
> However it is only when you run the query that user gets the error that
> there is a duplicate table.
>
> The workaround is very simple, just assign the tables different aliases
> and then the query runs fine.
>
> The question is at what stage should user be warned that there is a
> duplicate table? pgadmin has an impressively intelligent way of dealing
> with some errors/warnings, popping a warning dialog which contains a
> facility to suppress this type of error in future. I'm wondering if the
> dup table error might fall into this category?

Yes, the GQB can already notice this when you drop the table in the
canvas. So I guess we either put a message or immediately add an alias.
The latter seems better to me because it's less intrusive. But I don't
feel particularly strongly about either of these solutions.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info