How to insert random character data into tables for testing purpose. THanks.

От leaf_yxj
Тема How to insert random character data into tables for testing purpose. THanks.
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi Guys, I want to insert the random character data into tables for testing
purpose.
I created a table as follows :

create table test ( id int, b char(100));

I need to insert 100000 rows into this table. I know how to insert
generate_series  into coloumn ID. But I don't how to insert the Random
string data into column b.

Please help. Thanks. Grace