Re: BUG #15372: pg_stat_statements extension ignore stats_temp_directory setting and always write into pg_stat_tmp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15372: pg_stat_statements extension ignore stats_temp_directory setting and always write into pg_stat_tmp
Дата
Ответ на BUG #15372: pg_stat_statements extension ignore stats_temp_directorysetting and always write into pg_stat_tmp  (PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
=?utf-8?q?PG_Bug_reporting_form?= <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> pg_stat_statements extension always write pgss_query_texts.stat file into
> data_directory/pg_stat_tmp
> and ignore stats_temp_directory settings which supposed to overwrite stat
> directory location.

This is operating as designed, see comment in pg_stat_statements.c:

/*
 * Location of external query text file.  We don't keep it in the core
 * system's stats_temp_directory.  The core system can safely use that GUC
 * setting, because the statistics collector temp file paths are set only once
 * as part of changing the GUC, but pg_stat_statements has no way of avoiding
 * race conditions.  Besides, we only expect modest, infrequent I/O for query
 * strings, so placing the file on a faster filesystem is not compelling.
 */
#define PGSS_TEXT_FILE    PG_STAT_TMP_DIR "/pgss_query_texts.stat"