Re: efficient trigger function selection?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: efficient trigger function selection?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2012-04-10 at 16:07 -0400, Kenneth Tilton wrote:
> Suppose I have an RDF-style table (with columns for subject,
> predicate, various object types, and graph) and want to have dozens or
> even hundreds of trigger functions defined conditionally on the
> predicate, ie "when predicate = '<your predicate here>'".
>

> My guess is Postgres is quite efficient at determining which if any
> trigger functions to call, but I thought I'd ask.

I recommend measuring the overhead with some bogus no-op triggers; my
guess is that it will be significant but maybe not too bad depending on
what the rest of the application is doing.

What are you trying to accomplish with so many triggers?

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: Pg 9.1.3 pg_crypto question
Сообщение: Re: Pg 9.1.3 pg_crypto question