Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC: BigDecimal and Money confusion

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] JDBC: BigDecimal and Money confusion
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
Mark Lillywhite <mark@plasticsoftware.com.au> writes:
> (As an aside, I found the PGMoney class but it too only accepts doubles. I
> could use doubleValue() on the BigDecimal but I am worried about the loss of
> precision given my past experience. So my position is that I reckon I should
> be able to use arbitrary precision up until the database interprets it).

Mark, I dunno what Postgres version you are using, but there is a
genuine arbitrary-precision-decimal NUMERIC type in Postgres 6.5 & up.
That's probably what you should be using.  The old 'money' type is a
hack, because it overflows too easily.  ($20 million ain't what it
used to be ;-).)  It's now deprecated and will probably go away
entirely at some point.