Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.

От leaf_yxj
Тема Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.
Дата
Re: Please help me to take a look of the erros in my functions. Thanks.
Список pgsql-general
I tried to create function to truncate table
1) when the user call the function just specify the tablename
2) the user can use the function owner privilege to execute the function.

But I got the errors as follows. Please help me to take a look.

Thanks.

Regards.

Grace
------ function :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION truncate_t(tablename IN VARCHAR) RETURNS void AS
$$
 DECLARE
     stmt RECORD;
     statements CURSOR FOR SELECT tablename FROM pg_catalog.pg_tables;
 BEGIN
     IF stmt IN statements then
         EXECUTE 'TRUNCATE TABLE ' || quote_ident(stmt.tablename) || '
CASCADE;';
 ELSE
     The tablename doesn't exist.doesn
     END IF ;
 END;
 $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' security definer;

---- errors.
ERROR:  syntax error at or near "$2"
LINE 1: SELECT   $1  IN  $2
                         ^
QUERY:  SELECT   $1  IN  $2
CONTEXT:  SQL statement in PL/PgSQL function "truncate_t" near line 6