Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: 8.3.0 backend segfaults
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
"Alex Hunsaker" <badalex@gmail.com> writes:
> I can turn that off and only use DBI->prepare() as a test.  Or heck
> just cut DBI->prepare() out and just quote everything and send them
> through using DBI->do() instead.  That is if you think that could be
> the culprit.

The path of control that's dying cannot be entered at all unless you're
using a prepared statement, so cutting out DBI->prepare should make the
problem go away.

Now personally, I am much more interested in *reproducing* the problem
than merely dodging it.  I can understand if you just need a workaround
yesterday, but please see if you can get a reproducible test case ...