Re: feature request - allow to set option is_called for setval

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: feature request - allow to set option is_called for setval
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, 2012-03-27 at 08:58 +0200, Bartosz Dmytrak wrote:
> Hi,
> I just noticed pgAdmin cannot set value of sequence to start with 1 because
> generates SQL like this:
> SELECT setval('"MySchema"."MySequence"', 1, true);
>
> it is not possible to set "is_called" option of setval to false.
> According to doc (
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/functions-sequence.html):
> * "If it is set to false, the next nextval will return exactly the
> specified value, and sequence advancement commences with the following
> nextval"*
>
> so, please add checkbox in sequence properties to allow to modify this
> switch.

I thought you would be able to set it to zero, but 0 is out of bounds as
a start value of a sequence. Kinda weird. Anyway, yes, we should add
that kind of checkbox.

I added a ticket to work on that later
(http://code.pgadmin.org/trac/ticket/358).

--