Re: pg_upgrade + streaming replication ?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pg_upgrade + streaming replication ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2012-03-21 at 09:12 +0100, Henk Bronk wrote:
> On linux, you can also do a
>

> cp -rpuv. source destination

My point was that we should not take shortcuts that avoid the work of a
full base backup for the replicas until we've determined a safe way to
do that.

As far as I know, nobody has successfully and safely done a pg_upgrade
of a set of replicas without the need for full base backups (which need
to copy all of the user data).

Until someone determines that it's safe, adds the necessary
functionality to pg_upgrade and/or replication, and documents it; then I
do _not_ recommend such a thing for any production system.

Regards,
    Jeff Davis