Re: pg_upgrade + streaming replication ?

От Jeff Davis
Тема Re: pg_upgrade + streaming replication ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Tue, 2012-03-20 at 16:49 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> [...]

This sounds promising. Fundamentally, the user data files aren't
changing, and if you can upgrade the master you can upgrade the slaves.
So there is no fundamental problem here, but there will be some careful
bookkeeping.

I think we need to look at this as a new feature that needs its own
testing and documentation.

It's important though, because as you point out downthread, rsync
doesn't really solve the problem (still takes time proportional to the
user data size).

Regards,
    Jeff Davis

Сообщение: Re: pg-admin development snapshots
Сообщение: Re: pg-admin development snapshots