Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the need for manual maintenance of the initial

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the need for manual maintenance of the initial
Дата
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the need for manual maintenance of the initial  (Garick Hamlin <ghamlin@isc.upenn.edu>)
Re: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Get rid of the need for manual maintenance of the initial  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> did that and it seems the problem is in the loop that does:

> foreach my $row (@$data)
> {

>      # To construct fmgroids.h and fmgrtab.c, we need to inspect some
>      # of the individual data fields.  Just splitting on whitespace

Huh.  It's weird that I don't see a leak in either 5.8.7 or 5.10.1,
which are the two closest perl versions I have handy here.  I think
this may be a platform-specific Perl bug.  Still, it would be nice
to work around it if we can.

I'm not nearly good enough in Perl to be sure about the semantics
of this loop.  Is it possible that it's changing the global contents
of the @$data structure, rather than just hacking a local copy of
each row before pushing some values into @fmgr?