Re: UNICODE and regex character classes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UNICODE and regex character classes
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
David Norris <danorris@gmail.com> writes:
> So I tried this regular expression:
> "^[[:alpha:]][[:alpha:][:digit:]_]{2,}$". But :alpha: only matches
> "pure" ASCII alphabetics, and [:digit:] only matches ASCII '0' thru
> '9'. Is there another named class I can use for this, like
> [:unicodealpha:]? If not, what's the best way to achieve this?

The regex character classes really ought to be encoding- and
locale-aware.  Right now they are not, but possibly something
similar to what I recently did to the upper/lower/initcap functions
would work --- that is, rely on the <wctype.h> C library instead of
<ctype.h>.  If you feel like working on this, the regex stubs are
in src/backend/regex/regc_locale.c, and the upper/lower change
is in src/backend/utils/adt/oracle_compat.c:

http://developer.postgresql.org/cvsweb.cgi/pgsql-server/src/backend/utils/adt/oracle_compat.c.diff?f=h&r1=text&tr1=1.50&r2=text&tr2=1.53