Re: Complex transactions without using plPgSQL Functions. It is possible?

От Martin Gregorie
Тема Re: Complex transactions without using plPgSQL Functions. It is possible?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2012-03-07 at 14:19 +0400, Sergey Konoplev wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 6, 2012 at 11:30 PM, Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:
> > This is the plPgSQL code that I need to write in Python. It is
> > possible to do this without using PlPgSQL?

Have you looked at pyodbc?

ODBC will usually accept statements allowing you to turn autocommit off
and to use connection.commit() to group a set of statements into a
transaction.

Note that there's a documentation comment saying that autocommit
settings are not passed to the driver, However, as the documentation is
still talking about bytea fields it may be out of date so I'd suggest
running a test. Try writing a Python test program that turns autocommit
off and does a couple of inserts followed by a rollback. File a bug if
the inserted data is in the table after a successful run.

Martin