Re: saved passwords deleted

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: saved passwords deleted
Список pgadmin-support
On Wed, 2012-02-15 at 05:16 -0600, Michael Shapiro wrote:
> I have taken to making a copy of the password file so that when the
> connection fails and PgAdmin removes the password, I can put it back.

I think I've found your issue. Here is the way to trigger it:

1. Start PostgreSQL
2. Start pgAdmin
3. Connect to your server without typing a password (thanks to .pgpass)
4. Disconnect from your server
5. Stop PostgreSQL (not pgAdmin)
6. Connect to your server  --> error because PostgreSQL is not started
7. Start PostgreSQL
8. Connect to your server  --> pgAdmin asks for your password      if you click OK here without typing your password,
thenpgAdmin      records an empty password in the .pgpass file

The fix I pushed a few minutes ago doesn't allow pgAdmin to record an
empty password.

I suppose it'll fix your issue. If you can test the current code (master
or REL-1_14_0_PATCHES), that would be great.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info