Re: Unable to execute \copy from Client Application

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Unable to execute \copy from Client Application
Список pgsql-general
On Thu, 2012-02-16 at 01:05 -0800, sujayr06 wrote:
> Hello,
>
>                    Please find the usage of \copy and the corresponding API.
>
>                    strPgSqlQuerybuf<<"\\copy hnb_registration FROM
> '/root/Sujay/hnbfile.txt' USING DELIMITERS ','";
>
>                    pPostGresQueryResult = PQexecParams(pPgConnection,
> strPgSqlQuerybuf.str().c_str(),
>                                                 0,           // one param
>                                                 NULL,        // let the
> backend deduce param type
>                                                 NULL,
>                                                 NULL,        // don't need
> param lengths since text
>                                                 NULL,        // default to
> all text params
>                                                 0);
>                     ePostGresCmdExecStatus =
> PQresultStatus(pPostGresQueryResult) ;
>
>                     Let me know if the usage has to be corrected.

Once again, you cannot use the \copy metacommand. Use the COPY API from
libpq (http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/interactive/libpq-copy.html).

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info

От: sujayr06
Сообщение: Re: Unable to execute \copy from Client Application