Re: psql latex and newlines

От Wim Bertels
Тема Re: psql latex and newlines
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On vr, 2012-02-10 at 19:25 -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 12, 2011 at 07:15:12PM +0100, Wim Bertels wrote:
> > Hallo,
> >
> > psql latex output format needs to differentiate between a newline and a
> > tabularnewline.
> >
> > the problem arises when u have a field value that contains a newline
> > character, when this field is not the first column, then all the data
> > after this newline comes in the first column..
> >
> > u can try this out, writing a function or table,
> > and then add 'enters' or newline in the COMMENT on this function or
> > table.
> >
> > the \pset recordsep doesn't solve this, since the mistakes take place
> > within the same record.
>
> Can you give me a self-contained test case I can use so I can use it to
> fix the to code?

Hi Bruce,

i have attached some files:
1 sql file
1 corresponding output file
1 full latex file using the output of the above file

i don't see and easy search/replace fix for this problem,
maybe using the \multirow and \multicolumn options in latex is the most
general solution,
as all the others seems to need concrete dimensions (as width)

http://www.google.com/search?client=ubuntu&channel=fs&q=newline+tabular
+cell+latex&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

http://andrewjpage.com/index.php?/archives/43-Multirow-and-multicolumn-spanning-with-latex-tables.html

There is also a problem with long lines as u can test by uncommenting
the t4bruce3 function.

info about the versions:

$ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    10.04
Codename:    lucid
wim@zwerfkat:~/wet/gb/postgresql/debug$ psql -V
psql (PostgreSQL) 8.4.10
contains support for command-line editing

mvg,
Wim Bertels

Вложения