Re: pgAdmin III / Debugger does not work

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: pgAdmin III / Debugger does not work
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, 2012-01-30 at 11:40 +0100, ulrike.sauer@t-online.de wrote:
> Hi,
>
>     after installing postgSQL 9.1.2 including pgAdmin III 1.14 on Windows
> XP i tried to activate the debugger.
>
>     I followed the instructions
>
>     1. Edit the postgresql.conf file in the data directory and modify the
> shared_preload_libraries config option to look like the following,
>
> Windows:
>
>     shared_preload_libraries = '$libdir/plugins/plugin_debugger.dll'

Can you try without the '.dll' in the name? I never add .dll and .so
extensions for shared libraries in shared_preload_libraries GUC.

> 2. Restart the PostgreSQL server.
>
> 3. Run <Installation directory>/share/contrib/pldbgapi.sql on Windows
> in the database you wish to debug using psql or the pgAdmin query
> tool.
>
>     Every Step worked and is verified, but the debugger in pgAdmin
> remains disabled.
>
>     Restarting the server, it says that the plugin_debugger.dll is
> loaded. The generated functions (pldbapi.sql) are displayed and
> available in the database, but however pgAdmin seems not to recognize
> the debugger plugin.
>
>     What can I do? I need the debugger to debug functions and for a
> postgreSQL presentation that takes place at Friday.

Sorry for not responding sooner. I installed the debugger on a 9.1.2
PostgreSQL server, and pgAdmin 1.14.1 sees it, and allows me to launch
the debugger.

So, two questions:

1. are you sure you're connected to the database with the  pldbg_get_target_info and edb_oid_debug functions?

2. are you sure you selected a plgpsql function? (I ask this because I  just went through a lot of troubles debugging
pgAdminto finally  notice that I had selected a sql function... I know, pretty silly of  me :) )

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info