Referencial integrity - Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criti calapplications?

От Andrzej Mazurkiewicz
Тема Referencial integrity - Re: Is PostgreSQL ready for mission criti calapplications?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Not using reference integrity tools (triggers, constrains) is in log-term a
very dangerous practice.

- you cannot protect your data against by-passing your software simply with
psql;
- the more sophisticated scheme you use the more error prone it is; I am
very sceptical to solutions where somebody says my software is so excelent
that it does not need reference constrains on server basis and I had so many
problems with putting my software working with reference constrains that I
had to remove them. First question that I have is: does that guy really
understand referencial integrity introduced by his software.

Andrzej Mazurkiewicz