Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add new keywords SNAPSHOT and TYPES to the keyword list in gram.

От Alvaro Herrera
Тема Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add new keywords SNAPSHOT and TYPES to the keyword list in gram.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Excerpts from Tom Lane's message of jue feb 09 12:17:59 -0300 2012:

> > Excerpts from Heikki Linnakangas's message of jue feb 09 06:42:12 -0300 2012:
> >> src/tools/check_keywords.pl is your friend.
>
> > I wondered a couple of weeks ago if we could, instead, generate the
> > lists in gram.y from kwlist.h.
>
> We've looked into that in the past.  bison does not seem to have any
> sort of "include" directive, which means the only way to do it would be
> to have the gram.y file be built from pieces at compile time.

Doh, bummer.

> Although
> Michael is successfully doing something of the sort for ecpg, I find it
> way too ugly in return for the amount of benefit we'd get.

Agreed.

> If people are sufficiently worried about this, a better answer would be
> to teach the makefiles to run check_keywords.pl during every build.

FWIW that script is throwing a warning here:
Use of assignment to $[ is deprecated at /pgsql/source/HEAD/src/tools/check_keywords.pl line 19.

Also, we should at least do the attached to simplify the process.

Вложения