Re: [BUGS] BUG #14834: quote_literal and composite types, different behaviour between sql and plpgsql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [BUGS] BUG #14834: quote_literal and composite types, different behaviour between sql and plpgsql
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
dvd@gnx.it writes:
> I found that `quote_literal` behaviour is wrong when used in a plpgsql
> function over a null composite type, let me show:

No, there's nothing wrong with quote_literal.  Your example is showing
that plpgsql converts a "null" composite value into a row-of-nulls,
when dealing with a variable of a named composite type (in this case,
the variable is the parameter "val").  This is arguably wrong, but plpgsql
has been doing that for a mighty long time so people are hesitant to
change it.