Re: should check collations when creating partitioned index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: should check collations when creating partitioned index
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Peter Eisentraut <peter@eisentraut.org> writes:
> On 14.11.23 17:15, Tom Lane wrote:
>> I don't love the patch details though.  It seems entirely wrong to check
>> this before we check the opclass match.

> Not sure why?  The order doesn't seem to matter?

The case that was bothering me was if we had a non-collated type
versus a collated type.  That would result in throwing an error
about collation mismatch, when complaining about the opclass seems
more apropos.  However, if we do this:

> I see.  That means we shouldn't raise an error on a mismatch but just do
>      if (key->partcollation[i] != collationIds[j])
>          continue;

it might not matter much.