Re: Why does Postgres allow duplicate (FK) constraints

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why does Postgres allow duplicate (FK) constraints
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer <spam_eater@gmx.net> writes:
> While I agree that this SQL should not have been written like this in the first place, I wonder why Postgres doesn't
activelyprevent this (like e.g. Oracle).

If Oracle does that, they're violating the SQL standard --- there is
nothing in the standard that supports rejecting an ALTER TABLE ADD
CONSTRAINT on the grounds that it's redundant.  The spec only says
you can't give two constraints the same name.

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Why does Postgres allow duplicate (FK) constraints
От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: Why does Postgres allow duplicate (FK) constraints