Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Bug in psql?
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
leif@danmos.dk writes:
>  I tried to create the table below using psql, but it bombed out
> with a message about loosing the backend, though the backend was
> still running nicely. It seems to be a problem with the long
> field name of the serial (and primary key) column.

You didn't say which version you are using, but 6.5-current returns a
more helpful error message:

ERROR:  CREATE TABLE/SERIAL implicit sequence name must be less than 32 characters       Sum of lengths of
'globalafvigelse'and 'globalafvigelse' must be less than 27

This is forced by the naming conventions for the underlying sequence and
index objects, which look like "TABLE_FIELD_seq" and so forth.