Re: [INTERFACES] Internal errors when creating views ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [INTERFACES] Internal errors when creating views ...
Дата
Список pgsql-interfaces
marten@feki.toppoint.de writes:
> The frontend gets the error message:  "DefineQueryRewrite: rule plan
> string too big"

Which means exactly what it says, I'm afraid.  Jan has some ideas about
supporting longer rules in 6.6 by compressing the rule definition, and
the whole problem should go away when we implement unlimited-size
tuples, but for now there is a definite and rather tight limit on the
size of rules :-(.  And of course, views are just a special case of
rules.

A partial workaround is to increase the disk block size from 8k to
16k or 32k in config.h.  Note this requires a reinstall and initdb!

Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] firewall crashes backend
Сообщение: Re: [INTERFACES] firewall crashes backend