Re: HA options

От David Morton
Тема Re: HA options
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Is shared storage an option for you ? We've had a fairly pleasant experience with shared storage partnered up with SLES and its HAE (high availability extension) suite using a Pacemaker cluster for resource control. On top of this we replicate to a hot standby server offsite, however used for reporting and not failover for us.

From: Tim Uckun <timuckun@gmail.com>
To: pgsql-general <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
Sent: Tuesday, 17 January 2012 10:34 AM
Subject: [GENERAL] HA options

Hey Guys.

It's been a while since I looked into this and it seems like new
options have cropped up for postgres HA and scalability.  Is there a
consensus on the "best" way to achieve HA. My primary concern is HA
but of course any scalability gains would be more than welcome.  All
the servers will be virtual on either rackspace or amazon so that's
possibly a complication.

The options I am looking at are.

http://postgres-xc.sourceforge.net/  Is this production ready?
http://www.repmgr.org/
http://www.pgpool.net/mediawiki/index.php/Main_Page
http://www.continuent.com/downloads/documentation
http://www.drbd.org/ ??
Built in hot standby and hand rolled scripts.

are there others I should look at?

Thanks