Re: Vacuum and Large Objects

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Vacuum and Large Objects
Список pgsql-general
On Fri, 2012-01-06 at 07:12 +0100, Stefan Keller wrote:
> Hi Igor
> 2011/12/16 Igor Neyman <ineyman@perceptron.com> wrote: > But I think,
> your problem is right here:
> >
> > " running VACUUM FULL  pg_largeobject"
> >
> > If you are running "VACUUM FULL ..." on the table, you should follow it with the "REINDEX TABLE ...", at least on
PGversions prior to 9.0.

> I'm pretty sure that VACUUM FULL builds new indexes. That's at least
> of how I understand the docs, especially the first "tip" here
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/routine-vacuuming.html

Before 9.0, VACUUM FULL required a REINDEX afterwards if you want to
keep decent performances.

With 9.0, it is no longer required because the new VACUUM FULL doesn't
bloat the index anymore.

So, in a sense, you were both right :) The documentation you're
referring to is the 9.0 manual. And Igor specified that one need to
REINDEX after VACUUM FULL for any release prior to 9.0. Both right.

--
Guillaume
http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info