Re: [HACKERS] Error while copying a large file in pg_rewind

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Error while copying a large file in pg_rewind
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Kuntal Ghosh <kuntalghosh.2007@gmail.com> writes:
> pg_rewind throws the following error when there is a file of large
> size available in the Slave server's data directory.

Hm.  Before we add a bunch of code to deal with that, are we sure we
*want* it to copy such files?  Seems like that's expending a lot of
data-transfer work for zero added value --- consider e.g. a server
with a bunch of old core files laying about in $PGDATA.  Given that
it's already excluded all database-data-containing files, maybe we
should just set a cap on the plausible size of auxiliary files.