Re: Backup messages displayed with wrong encoding

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Backup messages displayed with wrong encoding
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 08:15 +0400, Alexander LAW wrote:
> Hi,
> To make it clear I am posting two screenshots.
> ss_backup_win1251 shows valid table name (which is "Test" in Russian),
> but in ss_backup_utf8 you can see the name with wrong encoding.
>
> When I said "pgAdmin assumes", I meant that it converts pg_admin output
> stream to string as ANSI-encoded, but it's not always the case.
> In fact, the opposite is common on Windows with Russian locale (and
> non-ASCII object names), cause UTF-8 is a default encoding for a
> database, but locale encoding (SBCS) is Win1251, and when you do backup
> with a default encoding, you get an unreadable log.

pgAdmin simply displays what pg_dump gives him. If it's in the right
encoding, you'll see your tables' name correct. I'm not sure it would be
a good idea to grab every line and to convert them in whatever encoding
pgAdmin would like. If it's possible at all.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com

Сообщение: Re: SQL not showing in generated report
Сообщение: Re: SQL not showing in generated report