Re: Backup messages displayed with wrong encoding

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Backup messages displayed with wrong encoding
Список pgadmin-support
On Mon, 2011-12-12 at 09:49 +0400, Alexander LAW wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am using pgAdmin3 1.14.1 on Windows 2008 R2 (Russian locale, SBCS
> Win1251) with Postgresql 9.1.2.
> Having database with UTF-8 encoding and objects, those names contain
> non-ASCII (Russian) characters, I get non-readable object names when
> performing backup in pgAdmin3.

You mean when you restore it? pgAdmin is UTF-8 only but it accepts to
use other encodings to do the dump.

> I think it's happened because pgAdmin assumes that pg_dump always
> streams output using current locale encoding. But it's not the case,
> cause it can be a database encoding (by default) or the encoding
> specified explicitly in frmBackup.

pgAdmin doesn't assume anything. It simply launches pg_dump with the
options you set in the frmBackup dialog. Righ now, I cannot say wher the
issue is. I would need more info to guess that.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com