Re: vacumm error

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: vacumm error
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Stefanos Harhalakis <v13@it.teithe.gr> writes:
> I'm running postgresql 7.2.1 on linux.
> I cannot run vacuumm on a table in a database i'm running for about 7 months.
> I get:

> ERROR:  No one parent tuple was found

> I've found an older posting about that but the poster said that after
> restarting it was fixed. In my case this is not true.

There is a known form of this problem that does not go away on restart.
I can't recall at the moment if it's fixed in 7.2.3 or not (been a long
day ...)  It is definitely fixed for 7.3 though.

If you don't want to update to 7.3 in the near future, I think there is
a workaround involving doing SELECT FOR UPDATE to clear out the bogus
state.  Check the pghackers archives from back around August for
details.