Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: [pgadmin-support] Help for Migration
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 14:30 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 21:23 +0800, Craig Ringer wrote:
> > On 12/07/2011 06:57 PM, Mamatha_Kagathi_Chan@DELL.com wrote:
> > [...]
> > > I can also get the same result if I execute it in pgadmin (version downloaded from postgres community) which is
ona different client machine but connected to the server on enterpriseDB version
> > > As EXEC proc.
> > If you're connected to EnterpriseDB, I'd expect that.
> >
> > If you're connected to PostgreSQL, maybe PgAdmin is translating EXEC
> > into a SELECT ?
> >

> pgAdmin doesn't translate queries executed by the user. If EXEC works on
> EDB AS, then pgadmin will fire it with success. If it doesn't, pgadmin
> will fire it, and the result will be a failure.

BTW, pgAdmin allows to open the query tool with an EXEC script when the
user has selected a procedure (EDB AS object). So I guess EDB AS
supports the EXEC statement :)

--
Guillaume
  http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info