Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Setting up a database for 10000 concurrent users
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Sergey E. Koposov" <math@sai.msu.ru> writes:
> But I really doubt that it it possible/reasonable to have 10000
> simultaneous connections.

You're going to need a heck of a beefy machine to do it, anyway.

I would expect that after fixing the semaphore configuration problem,
the next thing that'll be an issue is the size of the kernel's open
files table.  Do you have the kernel configured to support several
hundred thousand open files?

Also, as already noted, you need to figure at least a megabyte or two
of working storage per connection, so even if it runs it'll probably
swap like mad.

Put a connection pooler in front, instead...