Re: Some functions with variadics don't show the right CREATE FUNCTION SQL

От Guillaume Lelarge
Тема Re: Some functions with variadics don't show the right CREATE FUNCTION SQL
Список pgadmin-support
On Tue, 2011-11-22 at 22:49 +0100, Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-11-21 at 17:55 -0500, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> > We discovered a recent issue on PostGIS dev which we think is a pgAdmin
> > issue.  We have reproduced on 1.14 and 1.10
> >
> > That is when we create  a function like this:
> >
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_regprocedure(
> >
> >     func regprocedure,
> >
> >     VARIADIC junk text[] DEFAULT NULL
> >
> > )
> >
> > RETURNS text AS $$
> >
> > BEGIN
> >
> >     RETURN NULL;
> >
> > END;
> >
> > $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
> >
> > It shows this in the function window
> >
> > CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION public.test_regprocedure(IN func regprocedure
> > DEFAULT NULL::text[], VARIADIC junk text[])
> >   RETURNS text AS
> > $BODY$
> > BEGIN
> >  RETURN NULL;
> > END;
> > $BODY$
> >   LANGUAGE plpgsql VOLATILE
> >   COST 100;
> > ALTER FUNCTION public.test_regprocedure(regprocedure, text[])
> >   OWNER TO postgres;
> >

> > We have this as a ticketed item which we have closed on our end.
> > Please refer to :
> > http://trac.osgeo.org/postgis/ticket/1283
> >
> > If you need further details.
> >

> I reproduced the issue last weekend. I probably won't have time to work
> on it before next weekend.

So, you were right on this one too. The bug occured only with VARIADIC
argument. It is now fixed. Unfortunately, it won't make it for 1.14.1,
but will definitely be available with 1.14.2.

Thanks for your report, and sorry for the delay.

--
Guillaume http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info http://www.dalibo.com