Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"
Дата
Re: BUG #15006: "make check" error if current user is "user"  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Jan 17, 2018 at 09:15:06PM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Probably the OP would not be very happy if the outcome of this discussion
>> is that "initdb -U user" fails, but I am not seeing a principled reason
>> why that should be allowed.

> Me neither.

Alternatively, we could consider removing all these artificial
restrictions on what a username can be, and just expecting the DBA
to know what he's doing.  But what we've got right now is weirdly
inconsistent.